I'm going to come right out and say this wasn't my original idea. No, my pal Jim C. Hines came up with this idea the other day, and I thought, "If it's good for Jimmy, then it's good for me." And notice how I get all my excellent ideas from Jim?
In 2015, I wrote 38 blogs prior to this one. I did a hodge-podge of books and food, as well as a trip to Cape Cod. Which ones were the most popular? You'll be surprised.
10. The Obloeron Re-writes: Back at it (69 views)
We can't escape Obloeron! This blog from late June--right after the end of Chemical Agent's first draft and the release of The Long Crimson Line--tackles the start of the second stage of the Re-writes.
9. Inside Travel Agent (72 views)
I answer a few questions about the contents of the sixth full-length Jaclyn Johnson novel.
8. Recipe Wednesday: Crock pot Pork Chops (79 views)
A blog post unrelated to books! I know, it's a miracle. Getting hungry re-reading this particular piece.
7. Cape Cod pictures from Ballston Beach in Truro (84 views)
A nice little photo spread of our trip to Truro back in April.
6. Cover reveal and pre-order links for The Long Crimson Line (86 views)
Pretty self-explanatory. I revealed the cover design--which was much better than my original idea, which was a rear view of a leggings-wearing woman holding a knife--for The Long Crimson Line, and gave folks to opportunity to pre-order it.
5. Sample Sunday--Travel Agent: A Thriller, Chapter 1 (94 views)
Again, pretty self-explanatory: Chapter 1 from what was the newest Jaclyn Johnson novel, Travel Agent.
4. The Obloeron Re-writes: A snippet of change (106 views)
One of the blogs I wrote back in January--OK, a few of them I wrote in January--dealt with the first stage of my re-writes in The Obloeron Saga. This particular blog showed how I improved one particular passage in The Quest For The Chalice.
3. An author, re-assessing his business plan (121 views)
In what was my longest blog post of 2015, I rambled about the current state of affairs in book-selling, as well as how I'm going to tackle it. I really still haven't tackled it, but we're getting there.
2. Have you pre-ordered The Obloeron Saga yet? (127 views)
Our second most popular blog came in late October. And while you can't pre-order it any longer, it is still available at 99 cents... for now.
1. Coming soon--The Long Crimson Line: A Thriller (156 views)
Amazing: my most popular blog was a snippet of Chapter 1, and it came on my birthday, to boot! Happy birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
And there you have it: A look back at my 10 most popular blogs of 2015.
Will I match my blog output in 2016? Will I surpass it? You'll have to come back next year to find out. Keep reading.