Monday, August 22, 2016

A Look at my post-Convention Progress

Three weeks ago, I posted a blog about my restructured goals for the next 11-plus months, and how it was just part in parcel of rebuilding my audience and all that good stuff.

Three weeks later, I’ve made considerable progress. Let’s take a quickie peek at all I’ve done in just 21-plus days.

Everything needs to be in print

This was first for a reason, as you read in that blog post. In the first few days after I typed it, I started formatting all of my work for paperback. It was tedious and time-consuming. I had to make sure every single book had the proper formatting, things that needed centering were centered, etc. Within three days or so, I had everything formatted.

I also needed wraparound covers. The first three Jaclyn novels all had Trish’s covers on their paperbacks, and as I’ve explained, the newer ones David created follows the branding from Spring 2014.

So how am I doing on this goal? So far, so good on this one: a week ago, I uploaded the following: Model Agent (new wraparound, second edition prose), Rogue Agent (new wraparound), Double Agent (new wraparound), Promises Given Promises Kept, as well as Zombie Showdown for print. All are now available on Amazon, and you can always access Amazon via my bookstore.

That being said: the entirety of the AGENT series is now available in print.

There are still a few wraparounds that need doing, but we’ll get to them in time: I need wraparound art for the Obloeron novels, which will cost a little bit of money. Not a lot, but more than I have right now. I’m waiting on a few others, but like I said I’m not too worried about this until late November and the start of the Christmas season.

More ebook bundles

I took care of one series recently. On Sunday, I uploaded the three-book Small Town P.I. series to Kindle, Nook, Kobo, and iBooks (the last through Draft2Digital), with a nifty cover that I did, with 3D work done by David. I’m just waiting on iBooks to publish before I make the formal release announcement.

(Quick aside: That is a hint. You can search for my name and the Small Town P.I. series at your favorite ebook retailer, unless your favorite ebook retailer is iBooks.)

As for a Jaclyn box set, I’m working on it. I’m thinking about penning a novella to throw on the front of it, with stuff that happens before Model Agent. Just to give readers bonus material.

A new series

I may have come up with an idea for a set of stories over the weekend. It would be a series of romances set in Colonial Boston (because of course it has to be Boston; why else wouldn’t it?) under the D.L. Boyd pen name. Of course, I’m thinking time travel, inspired by Outlander—but trying to not make it like Outlander. I don’t want it to be an Outlander rip-off (and if you think I’ve written the word Outlander three times and now a fourth for the Google hits, you know me too well). You get what I mean? I hope so.

A new action/adventure series is still up in the air for me, but I’m not stressing about it right now. I surpassed 12,511 words in The Long Crimson Line’s follow-up today, in the middle of chapter three.

Getting Furball and Feathers out with new cover art

I’m hoping to take care of that when I can breathe. It’s fourth on my to do list for a reason.

Convention prep


Rome wasn’t built in a day. I’m not planning on doing any conventions until next year at the earliest, and convention season is starting to wind down. During free moments, I’m thinking about certain items, and what I want to accomplish. I have a whole list of things that I need to take care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment