Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas from Sean

Hi ho (ho ho ho!) there, and welcome to yet another edition -- a Christmas edition, at that -- of The Notepad. I'm Sean, your host. Please, save your applause until the end.


Over the next few hours, people across the country will open a Kindle or a Nook or an iPad from underneath the tree. These are great gifts, and hopefully those proud recipients will add a Sean Sweeney title to them straight away. It would be a great Christmas present to yours truly. Just saying. 


***


Since tonight is Christmas Eve, I'll continue the Chinese food tradition once again, and for the third straight year, I'll hold a 10-hour, solo Christmas Eve Movie Marathon, all on DVD.


Here's the slate:


3:30 p.m.: Order/pick up food.
4:00 p.m.: The Charlie Brown Christmas special/It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown/I want a dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown
6:15ish p.m.: Emmett Otter's Jug-band Christmas
7:15ish p.m.: A Year Without A Santa Claus
8:15ish p.m.: The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey version)
10:15-10:33 intermission
10:33 p.m.: A Christmas Carol (Alastair Sim version)
12:00 a.m.: The Ref


It is my sincere hope that everyone who has read my blog here in 2011 have been entertained. I hope you'll return in 2012.


Until next time, from my family to yours, Merry Christmas!


Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment