Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Next Big Thing: REDEEMED



THE NEXT BIG THING is a chain of book and author recommendations. One author tags five others, who then each tag five others. The idea is that we all help people out there learn about all the good stuff that’s just out or coming soon. David Wood tagged me on his blog and now it’s my turn.

(Sean’s note: I’ve been tagged twice, but I failed to do it the first time. I’m a naughty, naughty boy.)

1. What is the working title of your next book?

My current work in progress is entitled REDEEMED. As I'm still writing it, it's difficult to go into further detail

2. Where did the idea come from for the book?

Truthfully? I don’t really remember, but one of the chapters I thought up while on vacation in August.

3. What genre does your book fall under?

This is a dystopian fiction novel set over a period of about 50 years. There’s action and thriller aspects, and later on, romance. So it’s an eclectic mix. Not really one genre to pin down.

4. What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?

Difficult to say: I don’t know a lot of actors that are in play right now. I’m thinking that fresh faces would be best.

5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

A man with a questionable past is saved, and in turn his deeds help others.  

6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I'll be self-publishing this, unless someone wants to take it on

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?

Currently working on the first draft. Right now, I'm in chapter 21, a little over 60,000 words. I’m thinking that this book is going to be a doorstop

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Not too sure, to be honest. 

9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?

It’s a story I wanted to write. Nothing really inspired me to write it.

10. What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?

When I finish it, I’ll tell you.
J
Now, my portion is finished and I now tag the following authors:


Next week, on Wednesday, December 12th, they will be posting their own answers to these questions. I'd really appreciate you guys supporting my friends by clicking on their names and visiting their blogs to see how they answered it! I'd really appreciate it if you would click on David Wood's link at the start of this post (if you haven't already seen it). This post is all about making you guys aware of some awesome new books that are coming out soon and it only works if you participate by clicking on their links!

No comments:

Post a Comment