Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sean's 2011 In Review

2012 is less than a day old for most of the world, but I want to take a few moments to go back into 2011 for a bit. 2011 was a great year for yours truly in the professional arena, with six books released along with a few short stories tossed in for good measure. I tripled my sales from 2010 -- tentative count is 2,290, and my publisher is on vacation, and I still await distribution numbers from Smashwords -- and enter 2012 18 books (tentative, of course) from 3,000 sold lifetime. I'm still in the beginning stages of my journey, but I have the feeling that 2012 will be even better than 2011.

I started off 2011 by finishing off the manuscript originally entitled A Drop To Drink. After careful consideration, I changed the title to MODEL AGENT, and subsequently changed the title of Olympic Flames to ROGUE AGENT.


Nice cover, eh? There's more where that came from!

Just as MA started taking off, I received the artwork from C.S. Marks for The Rise of the Dark Falcon's cover. I thought Christine did a fabulous job with it.


Then came Royal Switch, my follow-up to Turning Back The Clock. The beginning is slow, but once you get passed that, it becomes the thriller it is intended to be.


Then I unleashed Jaclyn a second time in early June.


In late July, thanks to Bruce Sarte at Bucks County Publishing, Zombie Showdown came into being:


And then Jaclyn returned one last time...


And don't forget that I also participated in several anthologies: my buddy Christopher Nadeau invited me into an anthology regarding failed apocalypse warnings, which inspired Belief Debt: Paid In Full. Dean M. Drinkel, a friend in London (too bad he's a Spurs supporter, the wanker), invited me into an anthology surrounded by other great authors who tackled people's phobias; yours truly wrote about clowns in C is for Coulrophobia, The Clown Cemetery. And then I wrote Red Christmas, a holiday horror story, for Bucks County Publishing's second Bump In The Night anthology.

All in all, 2011 was a great year for me, professionally. 2012 is going to be even better: two releases within the first few months -- Eminent Souls and the second Obloeron prequel, The Shadow Looms -- as well as a new series and the fourth Jaclyn Johnson novel. There may even be a few surprises, too.

Stay tuned, and Happy 2012!

www.seansweeneyauthor.com

1 comment:

  1. Good article Sean. It's not about one book but the journey. If Da Vinci did one painting would we still know of him? We need to look at the sum of our work and where the craft takes us as artists. We need to keep writing and publishing; but you already know that.

    all the best
    Norm

    ReplyDelete