Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Coming down the Pike....

For the past three weeks or so, I've been working on a new series for you. As I've hit practically every genre there is to write in, I've decided that this new series will be a mystery series. The first novel will be entitled COLD ALTAR.

There's a little something special about this series, as I've set it in my hometown of Fitchburg, Massachusetts, which will be easier for me to write than, say, New York or another big city not named Boston. The protagonist, Alex Bourque, is a small-town private investigator whose first case is a cold case from the early 1980's. His father, Todd, had worked on the case originally as a detective in the local police department. There is very little in the way of evidence, but as Todd tells Alex, "If anyone can solve it, it's you."

I've set the book up like a Robert B. Parker Spenser novel, in first person with quick-hit sentences and paragraphs. A few graphs, though, do have some meat to them. I don't want to go into any further detail as I'm still in the middle of writing the book, but I can say the part I'm writing now deals with Alex asking a person on the wrong side of the law for help.

Now, back to writing while you get back to reading.

www.seansweeneyauthor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment