Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Recipe Wednesday: Sean's Chicken Parm

For those that don't know, I do a lot of the cooking here on the Farm. And while I usually get into a meal routine, sometimes I like to try a few new things to change things up.

Today was one of those days.

I will do a grilled chicken parm, usually on my Foreman grill. The chicken is usually done in about nine minutes, then top it with the provolone cheese and let the heat from the open Foreman melt the cheese for about a minute. I've done grilled chicken parm on the backyard grill, but that involves some tin foil over the grate.

Today I baked the chicken instead, and it was absolutely delish.

First, I preheated my oven to 350 degrees. I have a slow-heating oven, so I didn't start preparing the chicken until about 10 minutes after I preheated. I sliced my two boneless chicken breasts in half, trimmed the fat, and then tenderized the chicken. Jen likes it tenderized, so I tenderize it.

I applied some Pam to the glass pan, then salt and peppered the breasts before I sprinkled some bread crumbs on top of the chicken. I like grinding my salt and pepper. I tossed it in the oven for about 35 minutes.

Once 35 minutes had elapsed, I removed the chicken from the oven and covered it with my homemade marinara before applying slices of provolone. I put it back in the oven for another 20 minutes.

Here's the final product:



I served it with plain rotini and green beans from the garden. I'm sure penne or spaghetti would have worked, too, and any other vegetable works. Your choice.

Enjoy!

www.seansweeneyauthor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment