Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Eagerly-awaited Indie books of 2016

Just after the turn of the calendar from 2015 to 2016, I saw one of my traditionally-published author pals post a link to a list of eagerly-awaited books for 2016. Of course, none of the books posted come off the fingertips of my Indie brethren, for some reason or another.

So it got me thinking: what if someone put together that kind of list for Indies, one where readers can find well-written stories by those not associated with New York publishing? Hmmm.... I guess it's up to me, I guess.

Without further ado, here's a list of well-written Indie novels which will hit the digital shelves in 2016. Mark your calendars.

Of course, we're going to start with yours truly. I have, at the least, three books scheduled to come out over the course of the next 11-plus months: Chemical Agent: A Thriller (the seventh full-length Jaclyn Johnson novel, which is available for pre-order and will be released February 16; see my older posts for the links), Beach Blanket Bloodshed: An Alex Bourque Mystery (Memorial Day weekend or thereabouts), and The Peg-Legged Privateer: A Tattered Sails novel (November). If you're new here, you are more than welcome to join my mailing list (a form is on the top of my blog) to find out exactly when you're able to pick up those novels. Not to toot my own horn... they are well-written pulse-pounders. Check them out yourself.


How about a few others?

My dear friend Allie Burke has three books coming out in 2016; Allie released Paper Souls last year, and it's a wonderful tale you need to read.

Her 2016 releases:

The Society (March 1)
The Brothers (August 15)
Prius (December 1)



You sci-fi fans will not want to miss Jeff Beesler's third novel in the Interstellar Dad series coming next month....


Rumor has it a certain thriller author from Massachusetts gets a bit part to play in this one.

Down in Florida, J. Kent Holloway has three books coming out in 2016. Kent is a fantastic author who will occasionally team up with Jeremy Robinson. Here are his three books:




I will say I'm hearing great things about Clean Slate.

One quickie last offering that's already available for pre-order: Megg Jensen's Scattered Ashes (book two in the Forsaken Stars saga). Megg's great.

And don't forget about awesome books by Terry Simpson, Daniel Arenson, E.H. Walter, and so many others that'll be available in 2016. I'll be sure to tweet about them when they come out, so make sure you're following me on Twitter (@SMSweeneyAuthor). Find these authors on Facebook and sign up for their mailing lists, so you know exactly when their books are available.

www.seansweeneyauthor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment