Friday, March 11, 2016

Your Kindle needs a software update

Every little device we use needs a software update from time to time, and it's time to update your Kindles, ladies and gents. According to a nifty little message I received on my Kindle this morning, Kindle users need to update their devices by March 22--that's 11 days, people--or else you'll lose the ability to connect with the Kindle Store/Shop, or the ability to update through the Wi-Fi after that date. It more than likely has to do with security, but Amazon isn't saying. And honestly, I wouldn't risk it. I always update my iPhone right away--my laptop does it automatically, even while I'm in the middle of writing--and I'm updating my Kindle as we speak. I did a little research. According to The Huffington Post, these specific devices need updating: Kindle 1st Generation (2007) Kindle 2nd Generation (2009) Kindle DX 2nd Generation (2009) Kindle Keyboard 3rd Generation (2010) Kindle 4th Generation (2011) Kindle 5th Generation (2012) Kindle Touch 4th Generation (2011) Kindle Paperwhite 5th Generation (2012) Here's how to get the update: Plug your Kindle in to charge during the update. Connect to Wi-Fi. From the Home screen of your Kindle, select Menu or tap the Menu icon. Then choose Sync and Check for Items. The update will begin automatically. Leave your Kindle connected to both power and Wi-Fi overnight, or until the update is complete. It's that simple. Cheers. www.seansweeneyauthor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment