Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Jaclyn Johnson on the Big Screen? It may happen!

I can tell you I never tire of the refrain, "When does the movie come out?" when readers speak of my Jaclyn Johnson series. Honestly, I can't lie: it's interesting to hear that people enjoy the books enough to want to see it in their local theater, or on their television via Blu-Ray. And while I try to tell people, "It's never going to happen. I'm just an indie author," the last few years have made me dream big. After all, I do write the book like it's a movie playing in my head. I'm sure other authors feel the same way. It leads me to ask, "Why not? Why can't Jaclyn find her way to Hollywood?"

Can I let you in on a secret? I--and you, my dear readers--may not have to truly dream, nor ask that question for much longer.

Are you ready for this? I repeat: ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?!?!?! Over the last month or so, I've been discussing with a friend of mine in Hollywood about the potentials of a Jaclyn Johnson movie series, and late last week, I am happy to announce I have accepted his offer to option the series for TV and film. I'm signing the paperwork Wednesday (it's been a very long weekend, so I've been delayed), and I'll start writing up the pitch packet within the next few days.

*Breathes*

Now... let's be clear here: optioning the series does not guarantee the movies will be made. Let me repeat: it does NOT guarantee a movie or a series of movies will be made. It only allows my friend the opportunity to pitch the series to studio such as Paramount, 20th Century Fox, etc. If the studios want to make the movie, then they'll have that opportunity. Of course, the studios may not want it, or they have a busy production schedule. It happens. But still... the thought of my book series--a series that has surpassed my wildest dreams and imaginations--on the Big Screen, I can't help but get giddy at the prospects, and I am truly humbled at the opportunity.

So, even with that known: let me ask... who's excited? Who's ready for a Jaclyn Johnson flick? If you've been here since Model Agent came out in 2011, thank you so much for your support. If you're new to my writing, I hope you'll prep yourself for the potential future release of a movie by picking up the series for your ereader, in trade paperback, or in audiobook at the link below.

I'm over the moon, folks. I really am.

Jackie's coming.

www.seansweeneyauthor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment